The plavi-web.eu project is a thematic set of questions and answers that are interesting and useful to geologists, scientists, and those who are simply interested in the science of the earth.
In the course of numerous searches on the Internet one comes across many different materials on geology. As practice showed, the use of bookmarks is not always convenient – sites change addresses, disappear, new ones appear, etc. Therefore the author has decided to collect references concerning geology and then to systematize them [at his own discretion].
The organizers of this site wish to remain anonymous for several reasons. One of those reasons is to avoid the misconception that this is someone else’s private household. This site belongs to all those students, graduate students, alumni, and faculty members who want to do something on it and help the faculty look worthy on the Internet. If you have ideas how to make the site better, what sections are still necessary and interesting for our server – write, do it. The content of this site is not limited by the formats and nature of the presented materials.
- What are the relative contributions of planets to the Milankovitch Cycles?
- What is the reason why there are radiosonde measurements in the atmosphere?
- How can I describe this data using a graph?
- Coriolis force in atmospheric/ocean modeling
- What are these lake-like blue patches in the desert, visible in satellite image?
- Lightning moving close to the ground in Magalia, CA last July, months before the Camp Fire
- How did Australia separate from India?
- Permian-Triassic mass extinction. Consequences on Earth’s system
- How global was the Bonarelli Oceanic Anoxic Event?
- How will global warming affect climate systems like the ENSO or the MJO?
- Is the Principle of Original Horizontality a good indicator?
- What are the boundary conditions for Navier’s Equations of motion in seismic?
- Water on Mars and Earth
- How Hot was the Oligocene?